- Pray that your future spouse, or your present spouse, be a radical, risk-taking, go-anywhere-for-Jesus world Christian.
- Find a Bible-believing, Bible-preaching, Bible-structured, Bible-obedient church. Join it, serve it, discover your gifts, and be accountable to the community as you follow God’s call.
- Whether you attend seminary or not, become as Bible-saturated as you can, putting yourself under the influence of the most insightful Bible-teachers, dead and alive.
- Read your Bible every day of your life. If you have time for breakfast, never say that you don’t have time for God’s word. Don’t get your Bible-reading pleasure from the fact that your conscience is clear when the Bible box is checked, but get your pleasure from the living, supernatural encounter with God-revealed reality in Scripture.
- Become a Christian Hedonist, whether you call yourself that or not. Don’t aim at fame. Don’t aim at sexual gratification. Don’t aim at wealth. And don’t aim at safety. Aim at all-satisfying joy in God which will empower you for humility, and chastity, and simplicity, and risk-taking, sacrificial love.
- Memorize Psalm 25. Pray it as your own. Give yourself wholly up to God and his mission. And trust him.